Make Christmas more meaningful this year by providing healthy meals and showing love in special ways. Start by making easy peanut butter pancakes.
The Christmas season is jam-packed with events, shopping, parties, and holiday food. During the hustle-bustle, spend time with your family.
Do fun activities with your children or grandchildren. And help your family eat healthy during the holidays.
Ways to make the Christmas season more meaningful
Families with children/grandchildren
- Give your children or grandchildren garden gloves. Let them help you dig holes and plant pansies and violas for a winter holiday garden.
- Make pancakes. Add peanut butter in the mix, and forget the syrup. Great for on-the-go. No stickiness – and it’s a healthy meal.
- Buy play dough for the little ones for fun creating. Find cookie cutters, an old rolling pin (or mini child rolling pin if you have one), and any other small kitchen utensils for play dough creations.
- Play a fun game with your family at home.
- Let your children or grandchildren help make homemade mini pizzas on English muffins.
- Take your children or grandchildren to a museum.
- Plan a cookie baking night, and let all your littles learn to roll out the dough and cut out holiday cookie shapes.
- Decorate a mini Christmas tree tablescape with your children or grandchildren.
Singles, Two-Person, and Other Families Without Children:
- Invite friends over for dinner or dessert
- Meet a close friend for lunch or dinner.
- Bake homemade banana or pumpkin bread in small loaf pans. Wrap each one with plastic wrap and a festive ribbon. Hand-deliver to friends.
- Call and chat with a friend who lives faraway.
- Write a letter to a friend who lives far away.
- Turn the Christmas music on, and do a puzzle.
- Invite friends with their children or grandchildren for cookie baking. Pre-mix the cookie dough. Let the children experience using a rolling pin and cutting out Christmas cookies.
- Go leaf-collecting with a bucket in your back yard with your children or grandchildren.
- Make a holiday dessert for yourself (See this Chocolate Dump Cake recipe.)
Peanut Butter Pancakes
Make pancakes with granddaughters more fun with peanut butter
- 1 Box Pioneer Baking Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
Mix pancakes according to box directions.
Mix in peanut butter.
Cook pancakes on an electric griddle.
Add the amount of milk and eggs according to your box mix.
Children love to make pancakes as well as eating them. Enjoy showing love during the holidays to your littles by having them help you stir the pancake mix.