What foods and decor items do you like to include in your fall tablescapes? I love these:
- Lazy Susans – Handy for hospitality and decorating the tablescape.
- Burlap & Candles – Brings out the rustic cabin look that I admire with scented candles. The more candles the better. Ahhh!
- Apples & Pumpkins – Gotta have these for fall decor…fresh apples, MacIntosh Apple Candles (the best!).
- Candy Corn & Spanish Peanuts Medley with Mini Pumpkins – This one’s a sentimental holiday must do for me. It brings back fond memories of my paternal grandmother.
- A Dish of Nuts and a Nutcracker – Do you collect nutcrackers? There are so many fun ones to make a tablescape with. This one is a holiday favorite of mine.
- Painted Pumpkins – Add your toddler’s (or grand-toddler’s) artsy pumpkins as a fall tablescape.
- Monopoly Boards – Fand winter holidays in my family have included a Monopoly game on many occasions. Collect Monopoly boards for a vintage look.
- and whatever else strikes my fancy
Lazy susans are fun to do tablescapes on and quite handy to use on a table. My mother kept one on our table for years. When I found one at a yard sale for $5, I just had to get it.
I went on a Pinterest fall tablescape tour and discovered that white pumpkins are particularly popular. I liked several of the decor styles. Painted acorns is an idea I came across that I hadn’t thought of using for decorating the table before. Listed below are links to several tablescapes from rustic to elegant. Enjoy!
- Outdoorsy/Rustic with Acorns
- White Pumpkin Elegance
- Rooster in a Tray
- Vintage Grater
- White Antlers
- DIY Painted Acorns Idea
- Vintage Books & Pumpkins on a Tray
- Rustic/Candles & Fruit
- Hydrangeas & Pumpkins
- White Pumpkins & Candles
Which gorgeous tablescapes on Pinterest like the above do you like using on your kitchen table? Stir up warm feelings of fall and the upcoming holidays with these pretty fall ideas listed above.
Change Your Table Setting with these Ideas
Change your table setting because it can bring you inspiration. You may have a particular favorite style to decorate with in the autumn.
Personally, I like to change things up. And I enjoy elegant, rustic, country, vintage styles mostly.
List of Tablescape Ideas:
Bread Box of Scriptures
Mixing in the things I love makes me feel nostalgic in a good way like a little bread box of scriptures. For instance, years ago my mother gave me a box of “Bread” full of little cards with scriptures on the front and back. Many times I place the bread box of verses on the table.
Mother’s bread box reminds me of her prayers for me. When I’m missing her terribly and wishing I could talk to her, I like to take one of those cards and read the scriptures. Though she passed several years ago, reading verses from the bread box comforts my heart.
When inviting friends over for lunch or dinner, light a scented candle and place on the table. The aroma will welcome your guests when they walk through the door.
Promote a relaxed feeling by using a mint and lavender candle. One of my favorites is a candle blend of spearmint and eucalyptus. I also love lavender candles to help feel relaxed.