Sweet Potato Recipe Roundup
Need an easy-to-make simple vegetarian meal? Cook sweet potatoes and serve with all the fixins (or fixings if you aren’t from the South). Bake, boil, grill, or cook them in a slow cooker. Serve loaded baked sweet potatoes for a tasty and filling dish. Make it strictly vegetarian or semi-vegetarian. Like a baked russet potato, a sweet potato can be prepared as a meal in itself. I looked up sweet potatoes and came up with a roundup of recipes that look amazing. Read the list below and see which recipes you think look appetizing.
- Plaintain Sweet Potato Tacos, http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/plantain-sweet-potato-tacos-with-guacamole/ – This is definitely a recipe I can’t wait to try because I love tacos.
- Pineapple Sweet Potatoes – One of my favorite holiday dishes is baked sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Check out this one from PattyCakesPantry. FYI, Dandies makes non-GMO and vegan marshmallows.
- Slow Cooker Rib-eye Steak and Sweet Potato Meal – If you prefer the semi-vegetarian diet because you like to occasionally eat steak, this one’s for you. Rib-eye is my favorite steak, and I made this recipe in my slow cooker. So easy! And delicious! If you’d rather stay strictly vegetarian, cook just the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Vegetarian Loaded Baked Potatoes – Okay, I know it’s not sweet potatoes. But why not? My daughter baked both russet and sweet potatoes for dinner one night and served all the fixins: bacon, cheese, sour cream!!! Oh, my goodness, that was one of the very best sweet potato meals I’ve had. Not on the strict vegetarian food list, but you can improvise. You can get quite inspired by the “44 ideas for fillings” at this site.
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Beans and Guacamole – Sorry, I could not resist showing another sweet potato taco recipe. It looked too good to pass up. I want to try this because Chipotle is one of my regular must-haves in the kitchen. I love its spicy flavor.
I could easily continue listing many more recipes for sweet potatoes or yams. These particular ones are easy to make, and I will add them to my must-make sweet potato recipes.
Boiled Sweet Potatoes
The easiest way to cook sweet potatoes, in my opinion, is to boil them. Put it in a pot of water, and cook it until it’s tender. It doesn’t take long, and it can be a meal in itself.
30 Days of Vegetarian Meals and Recipe Ideas
I’m on a mission to blog every day in April 2018 about the vegetarian way of eating. I’ve chosen to follow a semi-vegetarian diet, or what’s called flexitarian. On the fourth day of my 30-day vegetarian blogging this month, I baked a squash casserole. While it was in the oven, I boiled a sweet potato on the stove. There’s really nothing to it. I pierced mine with a knife and put it in a pot of water to boil. Then I added butter and cheese as toppings. The squash and sweet potato was the perfect lunch.
Do you have grandchildren or young children who don’t care for vegetables much? My little granddaughters like baked sweet potato fries. Buy them in the frozen section at the grocery store, or make your own. It’s a quick and easy side dish for lunch or dinner.