Chocolate is worth enjoying occasionally!
It’s fun to sit down to an artfully prepared and appetizing breakfast, brunch, snack or dessert (especially chocolate). That’s part of the enjoyment I get out of blogging on Kitchen Southern Hospitality.
When I visited a Houston cafe with my daughter, my granddaughters, and friend, I could not resist trying out the featured fancy chocolate muffin shown above. Of course, I had a good
excuse reason to buy and devour it – I’m a food blogger! It was the most mouthwatering, delectable, ooey-gooey deliciousness I could have imagined. Mmmmm!!!
Twelve Joyful Home Kitchen Things to Try
“If you decide to make a purchase through my links, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!”
Blogging about food, new recipes, and grilling by Mr. Fun are only a segment of what this blog is about. I like to share the southern style events around the kitchen with my readers like:
- fixing a fabulous protein breakfast for my hubby (We love breakfast!)
- trying out new recipes from my cookbook collection (Who else can’t pass up a cookbook at an antique store, yard sale, or the cookbook section at Barnes & Noble besides me?)
- decorating with fun placemat colors and designs – I love to scout out the vintage shops for delightful, different placemats and tablecloths. They add an inviting touch to a country kitchen table.
- bringing out the best smelling candles (Candles still sell in abundance for a reason. Go shopping and bring home your favorite one.)
- painting kitchen shutters with crazy colors – I LOVE COLOR!! White has its place in a home’s decor, but splashes of color bring inspiration.
- inviting a friend over and serving her hot tea, iced tea, or specialty coffee and yummy dessert (mmmm…so pleasant – everyone needs to take a day to relax over dessert with a friend)
- cooking another slow-cooker meal and sharing it with my food blogger friend at Patty Cakes Pantry – A few months ago Patty Cakes and I challenged each other with our blogging efforts. The results were phenomenal! Blogging with a team increases traffic to your blog, energizes the blogger, and totally brings inspiration. You should try teaming up with another blogger and challenge each other. It works!!
- coming up with old-time Civil War recipes for the historical novel I’m currently writing (I’m having fun with this)
- planting more herbs in my kitchen garden (cooking with fresh herbs from your own garden is definitely rewarding and adds extra flavor to recipes)
- pulling up the last carrot from my organic square-foot garden (there is true joy from planting your own vegetables)
- playing Dominoes at the kitchen table wth Mr. Fun with the set he inherited from his mom (brings back the best memories!!)
- make yourself a dessert coffee (see recipe below)
Blog Parties this week:
Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen