You are going to love this Popeye’s Spinach and Hamburger Burritos recipe if you love spinach. And if you love burritos, that’s another reason you’ll like this incredibly easy-to-make dish. Popeye’s Spinach and Hamburger Recipe is a simple pan fry recipe that takes less than thirty minutes to make.
I was amazed at this delicious way of making a meal with spinach. As done often with my recipes, I used what I had on hand. That first time of making this proved to be a great way for making another burrito recipe. It’s one of the most simplest meals I’ve ever made with spinach.
You only need a few ingredients to make the recipe. I’ve included a shopping list for your convenience:
- 1 can Popeye’s Spinach (or fresh spinach if you prefer)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Mexican graded cheese
- olive oil
- 1 bottle sugar-free honey mustard
- 1 sweet onion (add green onions if you like)
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- sour cream
- garlic cloves or garlic powder (optional)
See the full recipe below.
Popeyes Spinach Hamburger Burritos
A quick and easy way to make ground beef burritos
- 1/2 Sweet onion
- 1 Lb 93% Lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Cup Mexican grated cheese
- 1 can Popeyes Spinach
- 8 Tablespoon G Hughes Sugar-free honey mustard
Chop half of an onion.
Season the ground beef with salt and pepper.
Cook the onion in a large skillet on high with the olive oil.
Add the ground beef to the skillet, turning it down to medium high and cook until the meat is brown.
Add the spinach (drained) with the onion and ground beef, cooking about five more minutes.
Pour the honey mustard into the spinach and beef mixture and stir.
Top with cheese, and turn the burner off.
Serve with low carb flour tortillas.
Serve the spinach and ground beef mixture in your choice of tortillas.
Serving size is approximately 1/4 cup of the meat mixture.
You may choose regular flour or corn tortillas, but the low carb flour tortillas were used in this recipe.
Suggestions on What to Serve with the Popeye’s Spinach and Hamburger Recipe
- Although served in a burrito, this recipe would make a great tasting burger.
- A potato salad or nice crisp salad with lettuce, baby spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, and croutons would make a great addition to this wonderful recipe.
- Use this recipe as a spinach dip (Add cream cheese if you’d like.) and serve it with crackers or chips.
- Add dill pickles on the side and a tomato slice if you decide to use the recipe for a popeye burger.
Other Options for Spinach Burgers
- Serve open-faced Popeye spinach burgers.
- Choose raw spinach leaves instead of the canned spinach as an option for hamburgers.
- Make a spicy spinach burger by adding these ingredients: tsp paprika, tsp black pepper, chopped red peppers, and hot sauce.
- Add parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and an egg together in a small bowl. Whisk egg mixture with seasoned lean beef and raw chopped spinach in a large mixing bowl to form large hamburger patties. Transfer burgers to a large skillet and cook until done to perfection.
- Cook the raw spinach burgers on a gas grill or a charcoal grill.
This is one of the best spinach recipes I’ve had. In fact, my picky eater five-year-old grandson actually ate a whole burrito with the Popeye burger filling. When the kids like it, you know it’s good.
You can’t go wrong by adding green beans to any hamburger meal. And that’s even if the burger already has the green spinach vegetable included.
My dad always kept his weight down by consistently exercising and, I do believe, eating green beans often. We ate green beans often when I was living at home. In fact, we ate them so miuch that when I married, I didn’t cook green beans probably for two years.