This festive chicken salad is served in sliced crescent rolls. Perfect to serve with other finger foods for a holiday get together or as a big game recipe. Add it to your monthly menu plan, and change up the recipe to fit special occasions every month.
I made this yummy colorful salad during this last Christmas holiday for a family get together, and it was a total success.
In fact, the chicken salad croissants were so good that we devoured all of the crescent rolls.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Cold Chicken Salad Recipes to Make
When you think about the possibilities of ways to put together a salad with cold chicken, it’s quite surprising the ideas one can come up with. For instance, PattyCakesPantry.com published a cold chicken salad recipe in a jar, Chinese Chicken Salad. Who would’ve ever thought? I love it.
Not feeling like making up your own salads in a jar? Check out this salad-in-a-jar cookbook from Amazon:
Order these super handy jars for salads and meals for on-the-go:
Chicken salad goes a long way, and it’s healthy to eat – a needed factor for the beginning of the year. Make it a monthly recipe, and come up with twelve varieties for the whole year.
Chicken Salad Monthly Menu Plan
Festive chicken salad isn’t only for Christmas season. Consider the following suggestions to serve it on other holidays and special occasions:
- January – Start the year off with a chicken salad full of all the healthy (to symbolize a healthy year) ingredients you have on hand that goes well in a chicken salad.
- February, Valentine’s Day Chicken Salad – Use Pink Lady apples
- March, St. Patrick’s Day – Green Granny Smith apples with the skin on and green grapes will make chicken salad perfect for this day for green.
- April Fool’s Day – Mac and Cheese Chicken Salad (Mix in cold macaroni and cheese cubes.)
- May, Mother’s Day – Instead of serving chicken salad in a bowl or on bread, make it a flower arrangement. Cut chicken, cheese, and apples into cubes. Place them onto toothpicks along with grapes and dip in ranch or honey mustard dressing/dip.
- June, official day of summer – Make a summer chicken salad with seasonal fruit.
- July 4th – Celebrate the red, white, and blue holiday with a chicken salad topped with cranberries, blueberries, and white cheese.
- August back-to-school chicken salad – Serve everything that goes in the salad separately in a divided lunch container.
- September, Labor Day – Prepare a Chicken Salad that includes fruits and veggies that cool you down on a hot summer day (like cucumbers, green peppers, strawberries, and oranges).
- October, Halloween Chicken Salad – Make a jack-o-lantern stuffed pepper.
- Thanksgiving – Make it a healthy chicken salad wrap.
- Christmas – Celebrate the holidays with a festive red and green chicken salad.
Here’s the recipe, Festive Chicken Salad:
Festive Chicken Salad
Healthy chicken salad with red apples and green celery
- 1 Red apple
- 4 Celery stems
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 Cup Walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tsp Six Seasonings herb and spice mix
Cut the apple into slices then into small chunks, leaving the peel on.
Cut the celery into fine, small pieces.
Add shredded chicken breasts previously boiled and refrigerated.
Add chopped walnut pieces.
Mix in the mayonnaise.
Stir the seasoning in.
Serve on sliced baked crescent rolls.
How can I save money on food but still eat healthy?
Purchase a weekly meal planner such as this one below to help you organize daily meals ahead of time. Plan to eat healthy, and you will.
Plan a monthly menu, and you’ll end up saving money that you would normally spend on dining out or going through a drive-through for a quick meal.
Add chicken salad to your monthly menu. It’s one of those no-brainer easy meals – and it doesn’t have to be boring. Make it different every month.
For more Kitchen Southern Hospitality chicken salad recipes, see the comfort food chicken salad recipe.