Jump to recipe
What is on your menu for the second-largest day of food consumption in the U. S.? The big game is coming up on February 7, 2016. Try these 9 super appetizing foods for your party:
- Nachos Bar – Have everyone coming to your party bring an item they like on nachos. Imagine the amazing nachos deluxe that you and your friends will enjoy.
- Potato Bar – Bake potatoes and have each guest contribute one or two toppings. Ideas for toppings: real bacon pieces, grated cheese, sauteed veggies, sour cream, butter, chopped green onions, chopped barbecue beef and any other creations you can come up with.
- Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches (cut in small triangles), chips and dips, and Root Beer floats
- Stuffed Mushrooms – Mushrooms seem to be a popular lighter side entree lately. Stuff them with multiple types of cheese and pop into the oven. Variations: use cooked ground breakfast sausage and cream cheese or bacon pieces and grated cheese
- Party Wings – Gotta have wings for the big game party. Barbecue, lemon pepper, Buffalo, garlic and ranch make good wing topping options.
- Texas Sheath Cake – This is the best chocolate cake EVER (
not that I’m from Texas or anything like that)!!! Really, though, it is the best chocolate cake in Texas.
- Fruit pizza – If you’re ordering pizza, make a fruit pizza for dessert.
- Little Smokies Biscuits – Easiest and quickest hors-d’oeuvre to serve at a party. Insert Little Smokies into biscuits, twist the biscuits around the little links, pop them into a 350-degree oven for about 10-15 minutes and they’re done. Slow Cooker Barbecue Little Smokies – Prepare a few packs of Little Smokies ahead of time by putting them into a slow cooker of barbecue sauce. Offer toothpicks and crackers or Pumpernickel bread to serve with the mini sausages.
- Creamy Tacos – This is similar to Velveeta cheese dip but with several more ingredients. Keep it warm in a crockpot for serving. Serve with plain tortilla chips.
- 2 lb lean ground beef or Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 2 lb Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 2 cans Ro*Tel tomatoes with green chilies
- Tortilla chips
- Optional: 1 can whole kernel corn
- Optional: Use pinto beans instead of red kidney beans
- Season and brown the beef.
- In separate pot melt Velveeta cheese with th
- Add other ingredients except chips.
- Crunch chips and put in serving bowls.
- Pour beef/cheese mixture over the chips, and you've got Creamy Tacos!
- Make it creamier by only using 1 can of beans, and skip the corn.
- Make it chunkier by adding the 2nd can of beans and 1-2 cans of corn.
Miz Helen’s Full Plate Thursday
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursdays Top Ten this week. Hope you have a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Come Back Soon!
I have never had creamy tacos, but they sound delicious! I haven’t made a fruit pizza in ages, now I really want one!
Carlee, the creamy tacos recipe is a meal in itself – and quite definitely delicious!! A fruit pizza does sound good right now. 🙂
This sounds really delicious. I will definitely have to give it a try.
Thank you, Patti. Have you tried a creamy taco recipe before? Anyone who loves cheese will like it.