Bake this easy pumpkin dump cake if you’re looking for a fall pumpkin dessert recipe that’s quick to make and delicious. It’s…
Creamy. Crispy. Crazy good.
Pumpkin pie lovers who also go for cake, add this Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake recipe to your list of fall desserts to try. It’s the perfect creamy delicious treat for a dreamy fall day.Jump to Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you.
Invite a Friend for Dessert
Invite a stressed-out friend over for dessert. Warm hospitality offers comfort to someone who is going through a difficult time. Decorate your home with creamy whites…
and festive pumpkins.
or these pretty ones…
Set aside a morning or afternoon to relax with your friend, and serve the pumpkin pecan treat in your favorite bowls or white dessert bowls such as these lovelies…
Show Hospitality to a New Acquaintance
Show hospitality to a new acquaintance, perhaps someone you’ve met in your church or community whose family lives far away. Maybe you’ve discovered that a person you’ve become acquainted with is in need of food, drink, clothes, or is sick.
There is a scripture in the Bible that says, “Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.” (Romans 12:13 ESV). When you extend a welcome and give to the individual in need, you will be blessed. By doing for others, we forget about our own selves and the problems we face.
Consider People in Need During Holiday Planning
Consider people in need during the busyness of holiday planning – and bake them a pumpkin dump cake. You will bring some sunshine into their lives.
This week we are already going into November, and families are preparing for Thanksgiving events. While you’re making special plans to be with your loved ones and cook favorite holiday foods, remember the stranger who has nothing. Let’s be selfless and not selfish. Why? Because Matthew 25: 34-40 tells us:
34) “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
35) For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
36) I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37) Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38) When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
39) When did we see you sick or in prison and go visit you?’
40) The King will reply, ‘Truly, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
Verses 41-45 of that chapter also explains that the ones on the King’s left will go to eternal punishment and why they will go there.
Life often becomes hectic in our everyday lives. Focus on these scriptures as you carry out your necessary daily tasks in this busy fall season. Every time you bake a special dessert (whether it’s a pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin pie, or pecan pie) for a friend, acquaintance, or stranger, you are doing it for Jesus.
Ready to Make this Delicious Dessert?
If you’re ready to make this delicious dessert, I have to tell you it is one of THE best pumpkin treats I’ve tasted. During the Thanksgiving holiday season, my husband goes for pumpkin pie. I go for the pecan pie. But this dessert is like a combination of both pumpkin pie and pecan pie with a crunch to it – because it’s a fancy-schmancy creamy crispy dump cake.
Good as an after-lunch or after-dinner dessert or a special evening treat, Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake is easy to make and quick to bake. It’s delicious. Try it for yourself and see. Then share it with a friend or stranger who is hungry.
Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
easy four-ingredient pumpkin pecan dump cake
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1-1/2 sticks Butter
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease the bottom of a square baking pan with organic coconut oil (or other oil).
Pour the pumpkin into the baking pan and smooth evenly in the pan with a spoon.
Dump the cake mix on top of the pumpkin a little at a time.
Smooth the cake mix with a knife or other utensil so that the cake mix is smooth and not lumpy.
Cut the butter into thin slices and place evenly on top of the cake mix.
Chop pecans into pieces and scatter the pecan pieces on top of the pumpkin cake mixture.
The calories per serving are approximate and depend on the size of cake slice.
Optional: Mix in the following ingredients with the pumpkin:
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
Optional: Top with vanilla ice cream.
Now, let me remind you that the best way to serve this awesome treat is like this:
- Bake it first, let it cool, then put it in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to have dessert, drizzle about a tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk into a small bowl.
- Place a piece of the Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake on top of the drizzled milk.
- Heat in the microwave for approximately thirty seconds.
- Add one or two dollops of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla (or your favorite vanilla ice cream) on top of the warm dessert, and enjoy!
If you love eating pumpkin cake, love decorating your home for fall, and love showing hospitality to friends and family, see “Showing Hospitality at Home with Fall Tablescapes”. It includes a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Wow, how easy and delicious this is!!!