Make Mac and Cheese in a Slow Cooker
You can cook macaroni recipes like Easy Peasy Mac & Cheese in a slow cooker as well as on the stove.
Macaroni and cheese is a favorite in my family. Perhaps you’ve read about my Creamy Cheesy Chicken in the Slow Cooker. I made that recipe at my daughter’s house. However, it didn’t turn out just like I had intended. So my daughter surprised me that evening with a box of Kraft Velveeta brand of shells and cheese. I cooked it in the slow cooker, and it turned out great.
Why Cook Boxed Macaroni and Cheese in a Slow Cooker?
Why cook such a simple boxed meal in a slow cooker when it’s just as easy to cook on the stove?
- You may be cooking a large meal for a group of people or guests, using all of the burners on your stove, and need to cook an extra side dish of pasta.
- The stove may not be working, and you have to cook in a different cooking appliance. I’ve experienced that in a fixer-upper where the stove often tripped the breaker. Such times require some ingenuity. A little creativity is all it takes. Cook in electric appliances like a slow cooker, microwave, toaster (yes, even the toaster – it’s great for breakfast), griddle, and grill.
Easy Mac & Cheese
All you need in this Easy Mac & Cheese recipe, though, is water and the macaroni and cheese from a box. Save the cheese to put in at the last. Of course, what makes this mac and cheese dish different than the typical stove-cooked style is the slow cooker.
Four Variations of Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Like to cook mac and cheese at least once a week? Try out the following roundup of slow cooker mac and cheese recipes.
- Holly from Spend with Pennies makes Crock Pot Mac and Cheese with sour cream.
- The Crock Pot Mac and Cheese recipe by Brown Eyed Baker includes evaporated milk and Velveeta, two of my favorite ingredients to make creamy macaroni and cheese.
- Go look at Slow Cooker Triple Cheesy Mac & Cheese recipe at theslowroasteditalian.com – looks delicious with the cream cheese and heavy cream.
- Instead of sour cream, make iheartrecipes.com’s mac and cheese recipe variation with Greek yogurt.
When have you needed to get creative with cooking appliances and come up with great recipes and meals? I’d love to hear your stories. You can share them in the comment section.
Thank You for Visiting Kitchen Southern Hospitality!
Blog Linking Party: